House Refurbishment in Worcester Park

Small house refurbishment that we carried out in Worcester Park. The property had been left empty for nearly 3 years, in that time the cold water storage had overflowed causing heavy water damage across two ceilings. Within the bathroom the shower had never been installed correctly resulting in the floor joist rotting and part of the ceiling below in the kitchen coming down. The outside of the property needed some T.L.C. to repair and replace leaking guttering, tired looking wooden fascias and soffits and slipped, broken or missing roof tiles across the roof.

Once we had issued a full detailed estimate, and were given the go-ahead, the works could begin. We had our trusted scaffolding contractor provide single lift scaffolding around the whole property as a safe working platform.

We set to work on the inside placing dust sheets and floor protection down through the property. The new owners weren’t due to move in for a couple of months which gave us time to get stuck in and make it look like a home again. 

We safely removed the two heavily water damaged ceilings and then began re-boarding them with new plasterboard ready for the next stage. Both ceilings had a skim coat of plaster. We were able to source a similar matching ceiling coving tying the two rooms in with the rest of the property. Once the plaster work had been allowed to dry out correctly a mist coat of Dulux paint was applied. Any bare plaster work should receive a single mist coat of paint, completing the look with two top coat of Dulux white matt.

The existing wooden fascias and soffits were inspected for signs of rot. Thankfully they were in good condition just looking tired. We removed and disposed of the current gutter then set to work with a capping fascia and soffit. The existing 25mm wooden fascia lip was removed allowing us to butt the new black UPVC fascia up to the White UPVC soffit giving it a seamless look. Half round black guttering was then installed.

Once the customer had decided on a new bathroom layout we isolated the water and stripped the bathroom back to brick. The window was blocked up and a render finish applied on the outside. All rotten joists was removed and replaced. New copper pipework was run under the floor. We then laid a new floor and prepared it ready for tiling. The walls were battened out allowing us to run pipework within the walls, we then boarded the walls in PIR plasterboard and then skimmed with plaster. This left us with a nice level and plumbed walls ready to begin tiling. The floor and walls were tiled and bathroom suite was fitted.